The awe-inspiring impact one experiences on playing games like PUBG, Maze Runner, etc., or watching movies like Matrix, Total Recall 2, Avenger series, Tintin, Avataar, Jungle Book, etc. makes one wonder about the behind-the-scenes processes that are required to create them. One often is surprised at how these characters perform death-defying stunts or interact with aliens when they haven’t yet been discovered. All such spectacular imagery is made possible using visual effects (VFX).
So, what is visual effects (VFX)?
“Visual Effects” or “Visual FX” or VFX is the assimilation of computer-generated graphics or animated images with real film shooting and is usually employed when a plotline is too difficult or dangerous to simulate in real life. For example: sending a man into outer space in the movie Interstellar. Sometimes VFX is also used to create a simulated environment (of a planet), exaggerated yet realistic action, elements, characters, etc. that would otherwise be not viable to create.
VFX course will facilitate the following skills in you:
- Enhance your visual awareness, eye for detail as well as artistic ability. You will start appreciating beauty. Keen observation skills will help you add nuances into your crafted character or situations or environment.
- You need to collaborate with various teams, vendors, as well as multiple clients, hence excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, are a must. In addition, you will be required to handle multiple projects and adhere to timelines which will be possible with good time management skills only.
- Passion to learn new techniques, software, tools, technology, etc. will assist you to be up to date with modern trends and hence stay relevant with the changing times.
- Every day is a different day, with unforeseen challenges keeping you on your toes. The problem-solving approach will enhance your stature as you won’t easily cow down in face of predicaments and since everyone will depend on you for solutions, you will be a natural leader.
- An understanding of composition, lighting, depth of field, shutter speed, the play of shadows, framing, and aperture will augment your photographic skills
- You should not only introspect but also be open to criticism. This will only help you in improving yourself.
- Handling of financial aspects and budgeting will offer you an opportunity to negotiate better and get the best deal at the lowest price
Study VFX course in Delhi:
While there are lots of colleges offering VFX courses, the students must deliberate on the following while choosing their college:
- The certification must be recognised at both domestic as well as international level so as to afford global opportunities to students.
- The curriculum must offer an understanding of socio-cultural settings along with strategies to handle the same. In addition, the students must be adept in theoretical, technical, and business knowledge.
- College must have state of an art studio so that students gain competencies in the use of tools, latest software, techniques, AI, 2D, 3D graphics, simulation, prototyping, and world-class technologies through theoretical as well as hands-on experience.
- Students must be equipped with principles of design must be capable of handling varied communication challenges across diverse formats and contexts.
- College must ensure an awe-inspiring portfolio through live projects, participation in competitions besides exposure through internships and discussions with industry experts/stalwarts
Do not wait up and register to bring out the best in you while bringing alive your imaginations.