A phone is practically useless without a working battery. The phone’s battery ensures that you can continue to receive calls, texts, and notifications even when it is not in use. It powers the phone both while it is in use and while it is on standby. But when it malfunctions, your smartphone needs a battery replacement from you or a local phone repair expert. Keep reading this guide to learn all about battery replacement.
Phone Repair and Maintenance: Tips For Battery Replacement
Here are some tips to assist with changing the battery on your smartphone.
- Firstly, it depends on whether your phone has a removable battery. If so, such phones have replacements available. Genuine batteries for these phones will also be available.
- However, if you are certain, you can DIY it even if you don’t have one—which is the case for the majority of phones.
- Disassemble your phone and separate the screen from the other components until the battery is exposed. Only begin removing the parts of the latest phones that you have the proper tools for, as most of them are glued firmly in place. Remember that you’ll need adhesive to reattach them as well.
- Remember that purchasing a battery for one of these phones from an official source can be difficult if you are trying to complete the second step. Make sure your battery is less than 25%. If an unintentional incident occurs while a lithium-ion battery is charged, it may explode or catch fire.
- There is always an approach to taking a replacement. To get your smartphone’s battery replaced, bring it to the phone repair service center of the relevant brand.
Common Reasons For Damage To Phone Batteries And Solutions
You might also want to learn some reasons that compel you to change your phone battery. So, here are some reasons:
- Overcharging: If you leave your phone plugged in to charge for longer than necessary, especially at night, it might harm the battery. After it reaches 100%, unplug your phone to prevent this condition.
- Extreme Temperatures: Leaving your phone in a hot car or other hot environment can harm the battery. So, avoid keeping your phone out in the open or warm environments for extended periods.
- Using Non-Official Chargers: Using chargers that the manufacturer has not approved can lead to damage to the battery. Use the original phone charger whenever possible, or get a certified replacement.
- Regular Drops and Impacts: Your phone’s battery and other components can face damage by regularly dropping. Use a screen protector and protective case to lessen the effect of falls and collisions.
- Using Your Phone’s Battery Too Low: Consistently using your phone’s battery too low can harm it over time. To extend the life of your phone’s battery, aim to keep it between 20% and 80%.
How Do You Know That Your Phone Needs a Repair or Replacement?
The following are typical indicators to be aware of:
- Short Battery Life: Even after a full charge, if the battery on your phone runs out quickly, it might need to be repaired or replaced.
- Overheating: If your phone becomes hot to the touch while in regular use, it may be an indication that the battery needs to be replaced or repaired.
- Swelling: A damaged battery requires immediate replacement if it is swollen or if the phone’s back cover is popping up.
- Slow Charging: A damaged battery may be the cause of your phone’s unusually long charging times or complete lack of battery.
- Unexpected Shutdowns: Even if your phone does not have a low battery, an unexpected shutdown could indicate that the battery needs to be replaced or repaired.
It is advisable to take your phone to a professional phone repairer for examination and repair if you observe any of these symptoms. You can prolong the life of your phone and stop additional damage to the device by replacing a damaged phone battery.
To protect your safety and stop additional damage to your phone, you should have the battery on your smartphone replaced as soon as possible. Either do it yourself or get expert phone repair help. However, selecting a reputable service center, such as The Mobile Market, is crucial when looking for a phone repair. Furthermore, you can adjust display settings, enable battery-saving mode, and charge your phone properly to avoid getting phone repair services.